Hearing Questions – Work History. What have you done?
What kind of questions will I be asked at my disability hearing?
Hearing Questions – Work History…
Every case is different. This means that every claimant will be asked different questions. You will probably be asked some of these questions, but not all of them. You may also be asked some different questions, depending on what your attorney (or the judge) is trying to prove.
Work History Questions:
Often, your attorney or judge will ask about your work history. This is so they can establish whether or not you are capable of performing any of the jobs you had in the past, or whether you can transfer those skills to a new job.
Where have you worked for the past fifteen years?
For each employer:
- What was the name of your employer?
- What are the approximate dates that you worked there?
- What position did you hold?
- What kind of duties did you have?
- Were you working full time or part time?
- How long did you work here?
- Why did you leave this job?
- Before you left this job, did your impairment cause you to miss work? Do a poor job? Change job duties? Change hours of work?
Physical demands of this job:
- What is the heaviest weight that you lifted or carried, while working there?
- How often did you lift/carry this much?
- What objects weighed this much?
- How far did you carry them?
- What was the average weight lifted/carried?
- How much sitting did you do in an eight-hour day?
- What about standing and/or walking?
- Were you allowed to alternate between sitting, standing, and walking, as you needed to?
- How much bending did you do at this job? Any crawling, climbing, or balancing?
- Did you need use your hands and fingers to manipulate in this job? (ie: typing, writing, picking up small objects)
- Describe your work environment.
- Where there extreme temperature, wetness, and/or humidity?
- Was there excess noise, vibration, fumes, odors, dusts, and/or gases?
- What kind of hazards did you have to watch for?
Skill level required for this job:
- How long did it take for you to learn to do this job?
- Describe the machines, tools and equipment that you used at this job.
- Describe any technical knowledge or skill that you used on this job.
- Describe any writing or completing reports that were required of you.
- Did you supervise others?
- How many people did you supervise?
- Did you complete work evaluations?
- Did you have any responsibility for hiring and/or firing other people?
- Would you consider this to be a stressful job?
- What was it about this job that you found stressful?
Most important question in this section:
Why can’t you do this job now?
Of course, it is unlikely that you will be asked ALL of these questions. And, you may be asked different questions. But, this gives you a good idea of what kind of information you will be expected to provide.
More articles in the “Help! I have a Disability Hearing!” series:
More articles coming soon…
[child_pages siblings="true" list="true" show_current_page="true"]
If we have not answered your questions about what to expect at your disability hearing, please keep checking back! Or, leave your question in the comments section at the bottom of this page.
Best wishes on your upcoming hearing!
Do you need help with your SSD/SSI appeal and hearing?
If you are disabled and need with your Social Security Disability Hearing, contact Deborah at The Hardin Law Firm, PLC, for help with your SSDI/SSI appeal and hearing.
ATTORNEY: Learn more about our Attorneys and Staff.
SERVING: Cabot, Beebe, Ward, Searcy, Jacksonville, Lonoke County, White County, Faulkner County, and other central Arkansas areas.
DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this web site is intended to convey general information. It should not be construed as legal advice or opinion. It is not an offer to represent you, nor is it intended to create an attorney-client relationship.
Originally published: September 19, 2016 at thehardinlawfirm.com.
Last updated: November 30, 2016 at 12:21 pm
- FIBROMYALGIA: SSA’s Evaluation of Fibro
- MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: SSA’s Listing of Impairments: 11:09 MS
- Medical Marijuana: Common Questions and Concerns.
- What to Expect at your Social Security Disability…
- Work Credits. What are they? Do I need to have them?
- How to describe your pain? Easier said than done…