ATTORNEYS: About Social Security Disability Representatives

social security disability representative

Social Security Disability Representatives

If you are disabled, you may be suffering from pain or fatigue and jumping through Social Security Disability Insurance (“SSDI”) hoops just isn’t going to work for you. Because the process of acquiring SSDI benefits is often drawn-out, complicated, and frustrating, the Social Security Administration (“SSA”) allows you to appoint a Social Security Disability Representative to help you with your claim.

Your representative can be anyone that you trust to stay on top of things, be persistent, and look out for your best interests.  Your representative will be able to speak to SSA on your behalf, and he or she may help to gather evidence to support your disability claim.  If you know who you would like to appoint as your representative, fill out this form and return it to the SSA. Please note, you don’t need to appoint a representative if you don’t want to.

Upon receiving a denial letter, many SSA claimants will hire a Social Security lawyer to be their representative. While you can appoint almost any adult to represent you, there are many advantages to hiring a lawyer.

Attorney Deborah L. HardinSocial Security Disability attorneys are familiar with the Social Security Disability program, and they already understand what evidence is necessary to prove your claim.  SSDI attorneys are familiar with the rules, procedures, and deadlines involved in this process. Claimants who have these attorneys represent them are more likely to obtain a favorable decision on their claims. Also, SSDI attorneys do not get paid unless you win your claim!

If you decide to hire an attorney to be your Social Security Disability Representative, be sure that they have experience with the Social Security Disability system.  The National Organization of Social Security Claimants’ Representatives (“NOSSCR”) is an excellent resource for finding an experienced attorney near you.

Do you need help appealing a denial for Social Security Disability or Supplemental Security Income claim?

If you are disabled and need help with your Social Security Disability Hearing, contact Deborah at The Hardin Law Firm, PLC. Or, take advantage of this Free SSD Case Evaluation.

ATTORNEY: Learn more about our Attorneys and Staff.

SERVING: Cabot, Beebe, Ward, Searcy, Jacksonville, Lonoke County, White County, Faulkner County, and other central Arkansas areas.

DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this website is intended to convey general information. It should not be construed as legal advice or opinion. It is not an offer to represent you, nor is it intended to create an attorney-client relationship.

Originally published: March 13, 2014 at

 Last updated: December 8, 2016 at 19:30 pm